...because you thought Sweden was Switzerland!

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Food journal number 63: Feast for one

No special occasion. I just felt for a WeiƟbier and I thought I might as well fix a nice almost-romantic dinner for myself. A treat from me to me. One's gotta do these things sometimes.


On the menu: Pannbiff (meat patty), roasted vegetables (potatoes, zucchinis and aubergines), with a homemade mushroom sauce. From preparation to table setting takes less than an hour, if you've "got that 30-minute mindset," as Jamie Oliver always says. I also happened to have all the ingredients in my fridge / cupboards. Everything else is just a matter of mixing things up to create a result that tastes better than all the ingredients separately.

Cooking has a strange way of making me feel at ease.

So here's a recipe. It's not complicated at all.

Pannbiff

Dump and thoroughly mix the ingredients in your bowl in order listed below and fine tune to your taste. As you're doing this, heat oil and butter in your pan at medium heat. The pan should be hot enough once you've formed your patties. Let them take time browning on one side before you turn them so they don't fall apart. While waiting for one side to cook, you can chop up your choice of veg and just mix them with oil and herbs, to place on a pre-heated oven. That way, the veg might be done roasting when the patties and sauce are done.

ca 0.5 dl oats or breadcrumbs
1 dl cream
1 egg
small yellow onion, finely minced
1 garlic
ca 0.25 dl finely minced leek
ca 200 g ground meat (I used half beef, half pork)
1 t salt (I used herb salt)
a dash of broth / stock cube
dash of thyme
dash of pepper

Mushroom sauce

When the patties were turned and cooked, I transfered them to an oven pan so I could save the gravy in the pan and make it into sauce.

I made the sauce a lazy way by frying the canned, sliced mushrooms directly on the pan gravy. To this, I added and mixed the ingredients on the list below and let the whole thing simmer for a minute or two.

a teeny bit of of cornstarch, too thicken the sauce
ca 3 dl cream
1 t soy sauce
dash of salt or boullion-based broth
salt, pepper
The cookbook also recommends a dash of sherry

There you go. The first food-related post in ages, ages, ages. Now I think I'll have some coffee and chocolate!

Ciao for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<<< Browse older posts (via sidebar list)