...because you thought Sweden was Switzerland!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I want in!


I'm trying to train for the vår ruset, a 5-kilometer fun run for women that will take place in 17 cities all around Sweden. Norrköping's vår ruset will be on the 19th of May, and my friend Karin and I are trying to set up a team of 6 so we can get a free picnic basket along with our 170/person joining fee. Everybody's telling me that we should at least have a picnic basket for that price anyway, which is why I'm trying to convince a classmate in Swedish class to join our team. The application deadline is in 10 days and our team is only one person short... I really hope she falls for it! Hehe. ;-)

According to the vår ruset website, the picnic basket will contain tortilla bread, turkey slices, cream cheese, salad, crostini, a bread loaf, sandwich spread, fil (soured milk similar to buttermilk), liver spread, sunflower seeds, and chocolate – calories which we probably wouldn't burn in the 5 kilometer run anyway! But what the heck. Everybody knows that the emphasis in "fun run" is in the first of the two words, so I hope, hope, hope we can recruit a 6th member soon!

At any case, everybody gets a medal. Tee hee! I can't wait.

Quite unplanned, I've actually been training for 3 days in a row now. Marcus' jogging buddy is sick, so instead of staying at home doing sit-ups I agreed to go out in the sun in order to get moving, besides going to spinning every other day. I haven't felt my legs be this tired since I started spinning almost 2 years ago (!) and we have another jogging round planned tomorrow. I better take it easy at the end of this week if I don't want my legs to fall off by themselves. Besides, there's the first part of the national exam in Swedish B to study for, and a chapter and a conclusion to write for the thesis, so I will have to take it a bit easy when crunch time comes. Still, it feels good to have something to look forward to. Now all we need is a 6th person for the team!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<<< Browse older posts (via sidebar list)