...because you thought Sweden was Switzerland!

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Something in the mail

I got a slip in the mail yesterday. The post office had received a package that couldn't fit in our mailbox and I was requested to go to Nya Torgets kiosk to pick it up. The post office has a cooperation with some kiosks as part of their delivery system you see, so nobody has to go to a faraway post office to pick up their gifts, packages and orders.

I was excited. I knew I was going to pick up ... a box of Tabasco!!!


As you probably know, these giant 5 fl oz (148 ml) bottles are nonexistent in Sweden, as is the strong Habanero sauce variant. It feels like a luxury to get, uh, "U.S. goods" in the mail. :-)

Thank you so much, Kristine! You deserve a special mention here because I know it caused you a hassle to do all that buying, packing and mailing, and yet you didn't even complain and say something like "you useless friend!" Hehe. I owe you one. If and when I visit you in New York, I will gladly load my bag with all the Swedish goodies you like. And of course, if you need anything at all, you know my e-mail address :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lara said...

oh my goodness, youre just like jaakko! he has run out of the habanero sauce, though, and has to be content with the simple tabasco pepper sauce.

2:28 PM

 
Blogger Ahoy! said...

Haha! Yeah we feel so cheated buying Tabasco here, so small bottles and yet so expensive! But I heard from that friend of mine that you can now buy Tabasco from Amazon.com. Maybe something for Jaakko?

6:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<<< Browse older posts (via sidebar list)