...because you thought Sweden was Switzerland!

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Four people on eight wheels

More cycling pictures, this time from a bicycle tour we did with Mats and Margareta last Sunday in Kolmården, the hilly forests north of Norrköping:

Here's after Mats and Marcus loaded the car with our bikes.


The route we took was a very scenic one with lots of changes in terrain and scenery. We started from the parking lot by the lake Ågelsjön(popular among rock climbers, and a popular bathing lake), climbed up to cross the bridge at the lake Sörsjön and rolled down to Näckna läke before cycling back to the parking lot. The last leg of the trip to the parking lot was a bit tricky. We had to pass by a very narrow forest route littered with loose stones and protruding roots. I made it without bruising, scarring, or otherwise hurting myself – what a relief!

We brought some food with us and snacked along the way. The longest rest was in a meadow early into the trip.


I don't have any pictures of us on the move (I don't know how to solve this practically while also being on the bike myself). However, the nice thing about biking is that you can always stop when you see something interesting. Like this:


This was by some stables on a hill with a view over lake Sörsjön. A really pretty place. The young horses didn't seem to be bothered by human presence. In fact, I think they were rather curious. I know zero about horse riding and can't tell one horse from another, but they are pretty creatures aren't they? (if they're tame and don't run you over or kick you I guess, but I suppose you don't find those types in stables).


I want to go out again! First we have to wait for sunny weather, though – it's raining again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Leplume said...

What a great way to see that beautiful country!

5:01 PM

 
Anonymous Esther Garvi said...

What a beautiful foal!!! Stunning!

4:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<<< Browse older posts (via sidebar list)