...because you thought Sweden was Switzerland!

Monday, March 17, 2008

Oh, lookie!

Imelda Marcos was in yesterday's Dagens Nyheter crossword puzzle. She's holding a pair of shoes, of course:
(The sign behind the shoes read "look out Cory. Here she comes.")

Wala lang. I'm not a Marcos loyalist (though we did visit two of their mansions during our Philippines trip two years ago – one was built just to hold the guests for their daughter's wedding), but this just reminded me of the two things Swedes know about the Philippines: (1) Imelda and her shoes, (2) That Filipinos fight with knives (!?!)... What a reputation!

Oh yes, I couldn't solve the crossword to save my life (even if it wasn't at the hardest level), so don't ask me what the solution to the picture was.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lara said...

we fight with knives? oh my, what a reputation! you should move to finland, where they think better of us. they seem fascinated about the country where their former ms universe winner settled. they kept asking me, "do u know armi kuusela? he married a filipino."

7:46 AM

 
Blogger Ahoy! said...

Yeah! Weird huh. I think they might have watched something on arnis or kalimasada or something like that. Plus something about sailors carrying knives. Or a show about Tondo. Beats me :-)

I didn't know that about their Ms. Universe! I better google her. Haha.

8:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<<< Browse older posts (via sidebar list)