...because you thought Sweden was Switzerland!

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

2008, here we come!

Gott nytt år! I uploaded pictures of our New Year's eve dinner at Göran's place in one of my Multiply albums. Having with us neither a tripod nor a place to put the camera on, my own fireworks photos all ended up crappy. So, instead, here's a picture I got from the city newspaper's website. Heh heh heh :-) That's the city hall (which I wrote about here) in the background. I hope that this year will find you all healthy and happy!

Photo from Norrköpings Tidningar (nt.se) / Photo credits: Mikael Strand

P.S. (added 3 January 2008). Classes haven't started, and boredom found me googling "2008". Apparently, it is the international year of Planet Earth this year. It's also the international year of the potato, and the international year of sanitation. How all these three go together, I don't know. The international year of sanitation, however, might have something to do with the fact that 2008 also happens to be the astrological year of the Rat (and dates before February 7 belong to the year of the Pig). Oh, Wikipedia is such an educational waste of time!

1 Comments:

Anonymous pj said...

Happy New Year, Joy! :)
saw your comment in my blog :) yup, I don't know why I didn't suggest it to you sooner--a lot of OFWs and balikbayans lug a jar or two of bottled tuyo after a trip home. It's a bit pricey, though, since it's boneless. A hundred pesos a bottle, at least. :D
And about Wikipedia: Yes! It's the most educational waste of time ever invented! I've spent hours just reading about random things. Amazing.
Okay, one last thing, while on the topic of wasting time--have you ever visited phdcomics.com? It's a comic strip about the lives of grad students. :P

2:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<<< Browse older posts (via sidebar list)