...because you thought Sweden was Switzerland!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The days are warm and the nights are clear


We tagged along with Göran and his girlfriend Saga-Britt in a sailing trip to the Swedish archipelago and then stopped at an island called Sötmaren near Söderköping. We experienced some of Sweden's warmest days and I even went for a dip – with my life vest, of course. Although the water was cold on the first day, it gradually became warmer as the days became hotter and in the end reached a comfortable temperature that I could have probably stayed there for hours. It was pure pleasure to lie on the flat rocks with your feet touching the water... until you feel the sting from sunburn.

I returned so tan on my arms and legs that you could mistake me for a crispy broiled chicken. I also have nasty itching mosquito bites as big as coins! Yikes! The mosquito swarm did its best to look for every centimeter of exposed skin, and I swear they took the chance when I was crouching to pee. Nasty buggers!

Maybe I should have renamed the post to "The days are too warm and the nights are not clear from mosquitoes"!

More pictures at my Multiply album!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Lara said...

"...you could mistake me for a crispy broiled chicken."

thats better than a fiery red lobster!

2:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<<< Browse older posts (via sidebar list)