...because you thought Sweden was Switzerland!

Saturday, February 02, 2008

This is just to say

During the course of one week, I managed to read two whole textbooks on qualitative studies, write a 10-page paper about them in a day, go to Swedish class and hand in 2 written assignments there, survive another Migration office interview and get my new visa, go to the gym twice, mail two applications (one for a job, and one for student aid), and even start on a novel. Yet I must say, the hardest and most exhausting thing I did this week was to scrub the corns off my feet today. They were just so hard to take away! I swear I even grew some millimeters on my biceps just by filing my feet for the better part of an hour. I think I scrubbed too vigorously in the end though (with some kiai and all – that's how emotional it was), mostly because I got too impatient for the hardened corns to disappear. It's my fault for not doing this more often; I think the last time I filed my feet was a year ago, and the corns have grown since then and have become painful under my shoes too. So anyway, after much "iron hand" filing, some of my foot skin (around the corner under my pinkie toe) rubbed off and blood ran out. Unfortunately, it wasn't the skin I wanted to take away and half of the corn is still there. How's that for smart!

2 Comments:

Anonymous val said...

hahaha! yuuuuck!!! :)

4:00 AM

 
Blogger Ahoy! said...

Yes, my poor pinkie toe. Huhu! Greetings from my fat toes to your long ones! :-)

9:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

<<< Browse older posts (via sidebar list)