...because you thought Sweden was Switzerland!

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Home, where the music's playing

Last day and night in QC for this time. Somewhat sad, since all the hanging out with my siblings made me miss being here. Sunday lunch, singing to the guitar, drinking with the folks — these are things I don't have where I'm going to. But I'm also looking forward to going home now. As I say this, I just realized how much I now consider Sweden to be my home. I look forward to my bed, my kitchen, the park, the forest, the countryside, the quiet. I miss even the cold and the snow which I'm sure I'll be cursing from time to time. It's just too bad that I have to say goodbye to so many people all the time by going home... On the bright side, I also have a chance to welcome the folks home to me. Come visit, people!

P.S. 2013-01-01

Although it's been said many times, many ways: Here's wishing everyone a happy happy happy new year. Perhaps not everything will be to expectation, and maybe not everything will be jolly and bright. But hopefully, by the end of these next twelve months, we can say that we have lived a good year: one with fulfillment, appreciation and surprise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<<< Browse older posts (via sidebar list)